Complete newbie looking for guidance

Hi everyone,

I have recently started trying to code with MT4 after using it for a few months and trying to get my head around the software. I have traded for a few years now and am really interested in creating my own EA's for backtesting/trading purposes, which i would also like to share on your forum. I did request one a while ago but it would be more gratifying to be able to do this myself and also id love to one day be able to help some of the beginners on here like so many of you do already.

I am not looking for someone to do it for me as id really love to learn coding but the book is a little bit too complex for me. Does anyone know of a guide that is maybe a bit step by step or simpler? I started learning HTML etc and found some really useful guides on this but it seems EA creation is for rocket scientists!

The fact this is my first post might be a negative to alot of people wanting to help but i am really interested in trying to code and becoming part of the community

Jack 

jackinman:

Hi everyone,

I have recently started trying to code with MT4 after using it for a few months and trying to get my head around the software. I have traded for a few years now and am really interested in creating my own EA's for backtesting/trading purposes, which i would also like to share on your forum. I did request one a while ago but it would be more gratifying to be able to do this myself and also id love to one day be able to help some of the beginners on here like so many of you do already.

I am not looking for someone to do it for me as id really love to learn coding but the book is a little bit too complex for me. Does anyone know of a guide that is maybe a bit step by step or simpler? I started learning HTML etc and found some really useful guides on this but it seems EA creation is for rocket scientists!

EA creation is easy compared to forming a profitable Forex trading strategy,  really,  it is childs play by comparison.  Have a look at Codersguru's mql4 lessons 
Reason: