Help with some MQL Coding

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to modify an existing indicator. The indicator currently plots, Monthly, Weekly and Daily Highs.

I'm trying to introduce a 'Quarterly' high/low as well. The code was pretty simple, so I changed the values of the # of minutes etc. and tried to compile. There was no errors but the quarterly high/low isn't showing up.

Upon looking into this closer, I noticed perhaps the reason why quarterly high/low isn't showing is maybe because MT4 has some standard time frames? (ex: M3 doesn't exist, so mql4 code also won't work?) But I don't think MQL4 code is dependent on the default chart TF right?

Can someone let me know about this? If the above is true, then i'll post the code here so the experts can go through it and let me know what i'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

jb1981:  I changed the values of the # of minutes 

If you changed the period there is no quarterly chart so of course you get nothing.

You have to find the last n months and compute the h/l to get the quarter.

WHRoeder:

If you changed the period there is no quarterly chart so of course you get nothing.

You have to find the last n months and compute the h/l to get the quarter.

Ahhh.. thought as much. Thanks for the confirmation. Back to the drawing board for me!!!