Lowest/Highest of closing prices in a given range (?)

Good afternoon,

I have quite a weird problem, I am trying to extract the highest and lowest of all closing prices of a given period without sucess. This is what I have so far.

double DCloseHighest(int shift, int period)
{
   return(iHigh(Symbol(),Period(),iHighest(Symbol(), Period(), MODE_CLOSE, period+1,shift+1)));  
}

double DCloseLowest(int shift, int period)
{
   return(iLow(Symbol(),Period(),iLowest(Symbol(), Period(), MODE_CLOSE, period+1,shift+1)));  
}

However, the absolute high and low are returned, respectively. What am I doing wrong? :-)

Thanks in advance!

flaab:

Good afternoon,

I have quite a weird problem, I am trying to extract the highest and lowest of all closing prices of a given period without sucess. This is what I have so far.

However, the absolute high and low are returned, respectively. What am I doing wrong? :-)

Thats what you are asking for . . . 

return( iHigh
return( iLow

RaptorUK:

Thats what you are asking for . . . 

My bad. Stupid mistake. Got it. Thanks!

{
   return(iClose(Symbol(),Period(),iHighest(Symbol(), Period(), MODE_HIGH, period+1,shift+1)));  
}

{
   return(iClose(Symbol(),Period(),iLowest(Symbol(), Period(), MODE_LOW, period+1,shift+1)));  
}

flaab:

Easily done,  you are welcome  

flaab:

{
   return(iClose(Symbol(),Period(),iHighest(Symbol(), Period(), MODE_HIGH, period+1,shift+1)));  
}

{
   return(iClose(Symbol(),Period(),iLowest(Symbol(), Period(), MODE_LOW, period+1,shift+1)));  
}

If you are looking for the highest/lowest close price, I believe you need to use MODE_CLOSE in your iHighest() function.  

{
   return(iClose(Symbol(),Period(),iHighest(Symbol(), Period(), MODE_CLOSE, period+1,shift+1)));  
}

{
   return(iClose(Symbol(),Period(),iLowest(Symbol(), Period(), MODE_CLOSE, period+1,shift+1)));  
}

Thirteen:

If you are looking for the highest/lowest close price, I believe you need to use MODE_CLOSE in your iHighest() function.  

As weird as it might be, it returns exactly the same data.

flaab:
As weird as it might be, it returns exactly the same data.
Coincidence I reckon . . .   use MODE_CLOSE
Reason: