Object disappearing when shutdown or taskkill are used

Hello everybody,

I am having problems with my metatrader 4 on Windows 8. I am losing my EA OrderSend arrows on system reboot.

In fact, any object I add to the chart, either manually or through an EA, gets deleted if the command lines shutdown.exe or taskkill.exe are used. Funny thing is that no recently added object gets deleted if I manually click on the close button on the top right corner of the program window or use Alt+F4. It seems to me that MT4 does not save the objects until the program is closed by the user, manually.

Is there a way getting around it and forcing MT4 to save recently added objects?  BTW, the same happens to objects on MT5 and tabs on MetaEditor.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Bruno 

brunopieratti:

Hello everybody,

I am having problems with my metatrader 4 on Windows 8. I am losing my EA OrderSend arrows on system reboot.

In fact, any object I add to the chart, either manually or through an EA, gets deleted if the command lines shutdown.exe or taskkill.exe are used. Funny thing is that no recently added object gets deleted if I manually click on the close button on the top right corner of the program window or use Alt+F4. It seems to me that MT4 does not save the objects until the program is closed by the user, manually.

Is there a way getting around it and forcing MT4 to save recently added objects?  BTW, the same happens to objects on MT5 and tabs on MetaEditor.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Bruno 

MT4 does save recently added Objects if you close it down properly and don't install in Program Files.

1. Don't install in \program files* on Vista/7/8.
  2. tools -> options -> server -> Keep personal settings = checked.