Few questions regarding "Technical Indicator Functions"

Hello.

I'm trying to experiment with expert advisers and indicators.

One main problem I'm having is not being able to use any technical indicator functions when running my script in real time.
When I use TIF ( "Technical Indicator Functions") on strategy tester then it works just fine and I get all the current and past data from buffers I need, but only way to get this data in "real time" is using "OnCalculate" entry point and do the number crunching myself.

Do I have some fundamental misunderstanding of TIF? Does one use them only in strategy testing, not real time trading?

Another question I have is related to the same topic.
When I use any TIF (except iATR) my visual strategy table will show them on screen - and all of them will be in red color.
Any way of removing them or setting color/linestyle properties?

Thank you for any help on these topics. 

Visualize a Strategy in the MetaTrader 5 Tester
Visualize a Strategy in the MetaTrader 5 Tester
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
We all know the saying "Better to see once than hear a hundred times". You can read various books about Paris or Venice, but based on the mental images you wouldn't have the same feelings as on the evening walk in these fabulous cities. The advantage of visualization can easily be projected on any aspect of our lives, including work in the market, for example, the analysis of price on charts using indicators, and of course, the visualization of strategy testing. This article contains descriptions of all the visualization features of the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester.

Can you show some code ? So we can try to help you, there is no problem to use any "TIF" on chart ("real time").

About your second question, you can use a template, see documentation.