How to tell MT4 to ONLY connect to a specific Server

Hey fellas,

is there any option to tell MT4 only to connect to a specific server?
I have read some posts on various forums about this issue.
My Broker offers me 4 different servers, but i would like to use only one specific.

Aftere a reconnect MT4 always changes the server.

best regards

options -> server -> keep personal settings

this definitely doesn't work mate.

After several seconds or minutes of diconnection mt4 seems to choose the first of the server list.

It will not save the server i have chosen.

I've heard that brokers will target profitable clients and route them to a lagging or slower server.    Anyone shine a light about IP address...whether broker can route you to a specific server?

eventhough you locked your mt4 to only log into a specific IP address.  1 IP address = 1 server?

I guess they could since you are login in not anonymously; but login in with acct#.

getting: I've heard that brokers will target profitable clients and route them to a lagging or slower server.    Anyone shine a light about IP address...whether broker can route you to a specific server? I guess they could since you are login in not anonymously; but login in with acct#.
More broker conspiracy theories. Don't trade against the broker and paranoia goes away.

So does it mean that it is not possible to achieve this?

I have no idea if it helps, but I would give a try to fill in the server IP in place of its name in the login dialog.

I had similar problem with a broker occasionally switching me to its Chinese server, which involved 4 sec delay. But it stopped to appear before I made any attempt to investigate.

naik3d:
So does it mean that it is not possible to achieve this?
What did your Broker say when you asked ?

I'm still waiting for their answer ;-/

i have problem with this too , ( naik3d ) do you know how to deal with it yet ?

No, MT4 cannot be forced to connect to specific server.

If all MT4 only connect to specific server, that server will be overloaded, and that server may unload some connection to other server.

Why you want to do that anyway ? 

Reason: