Regarding MT4 Charting.....

i've noticed that mt4 chart doesn't count "saturday & sunday" unlike the big players/other platforms...

Following is a chart from "UBS BANK" analysis:

as a result,,there are considerable differences at chart readings,,,like:

UBS bank: 200SMA is at 1.2953(support 1)

While my GMT+1 Broker's mt4 shows 200SMA is at around 1.28890....

tm9:
i've noticed that mt4 chart doesn't count "saturday & sunday" unlike the big players/other platforms...

Following is a chart from "UBS BANK" analysis:

as a result,,there are considerable differences at chart readings,,,like:

UBS bank: 200SMA is at 1.2953(support 1)

While my GMT+1 Broker's mt4 shows 200SMA is at around 1.28890....

Daily charts (and H4) are inconsistent as the difference n TimeZone means that the hours contained within a day will differ from TimeZone to TimeZone.  Which TimeZone has the correct definitive day ?  why should one TimeZone's day be more or less valid than another TimeZone's day ?

RaptorUK:
Daily charts (and H4) are inconsistent as the difference n TimeZone means that the hours contained within a day will differ from TimeZone to TimeZone.  Which TimeZone has the correct definitive day ?  why should one TimeZone's day be more or less valid than another TimeZone's day ?

i thought this dissimilarity is due to "not counting the weekend days" rather than "time zone difference"

Thanks for replying,,,,,sir...

tm9:

i thought this dissimilarity is due to "not counting the weekend days" rather than "time zone difference"

If at this moment Timezone broker equal to GMT +2   then it has no weekend day  with data

tm9:

It's very rare a broker is open on week-end. Anyway this is not the problem. As other here say you, chart is depending of TimeZone used on your broker's server. Not your timezone.

If you have a borker with TimeZone +6 for example you would have a candel for saterday. If you have -6 you would have a candle for sunday. Every shift in timezone change your chart.

Reason: