Expert Advisors and brokers

Since I have never used an EA before (not even for testing), I have a few questions about how EAs work for trading a system.

1. Do you need to run an EA from your computer? Does your computer need to be on permanently?
  2. Can you upload your EA to your broker's server? Do all brokers offer this service?
  3. Can you run different EAs on the same account but on different currencies? E.g. I run "MyEA1.mq4" on EURUSD and "MyEA2.mq4" on GBPUSD.

Obviously once I demo test an EA, I can find out all these answers for myself but it would be nice to know in advance.

Thanks

eempc:

Since I have never used an EA before (not even for testing), I have a few questions about how EAs work for trading a system.

1. Do you need to run an EA from your computer? Does your computer need to be on permanently?
  2. Can you upload your EA to your broker's server? Do all brokers offer this service?
  3. Can you run different EAs on the same account but on different currencies? E.g. I run "MyEA1.mq4" on EURUSD and "MyEA2.mq4" on GBPUSD.

1. Yes.  Yes if you want the EA to run.

2. No.  Some Brokers offer a VPS Service.

3. Yes. There can be issues with 2 EAs competing for the trade context.

Thanks, it's good to know that the VPS service exists with some brokers, although broker choice might be a bit limited. I didn't like the idea of running my PC 24/7.

You can get a VPS from 3rd party, if you don't want to be tied to one broker and if you don't mind paying for the service.

u can do it all in broker and 3rd party VPS service provider 
Reason: