NEWBIE ALERT!!!!!!!! Problem with EA sending orders at a specific time

Dear all,

I'm begging for this forum's help once again. I am creating an easy EA designed to send market orders at a specific time. It works perfectly when used in charts with many ticks (like forex). Unfortunately, it doesn't when used in chats with a low tick activity (as Indexes CFDs, for example). If I understand correctly, all EAs execute their programms every time a tick is received in my platform. So my question is, is there any way to send my orders (all of them limit and stop orders) at a specific time WITHOUT the need for ticks?

Thank you very much in advance. 

Put the EA within a Continuous_Loop. Example. Also, check if trading is allowed.

void start(){
    while(true){
        if( TimeLocal() == myTime ){ OrderSend(...); }
        Sleep( WhatEver_Milliseconds );
        RefreshRates(); //If_Using Pre-defined Variables 
}   }

landmeister:

Dear all,

I'm begging for this forum's help once again. I am creating an easy EA designed to send market orders at a specific time. It works perfectly when used in charts with many ticks (like forex). Unfortunately, it doesn't when used in chats with a low tick activity (as Indexes CFDs, for example). If I understand correctly, all EAs execute their programms every time a tick is received in my platform. So my question is, is there any way to send my orders (all of them limit and stop orders) at a specific time WITHOUT the need for ticks?

Thank you very much in advance. 

Put your EA on a chart that has frequent ticks and trade the instrument you want.

Hi,

I tried the continuous loop and works perfectly!

Thank you very much!

Reason: