Historical Data Beyond Chart View

Hello:

I know Bars returns the number of bars currently displayed on screen.  However I'm trying to retrieve several pieces of data across various currencies and am unable to do so.  For example I'd like to export all open, close values of various currency pairs from Jan 1 1990 onwards through one indicator. 

Code is pretty basic:

For (int i =1; i<Bars; i++) {

FileWrite (handle, iClose("USDCHFm", PERIOD_D1, i), iClose("EURUSDm", PERIOD_D1, i);

}

But the Bars functionality caps out with the bars I can see on screen.  I tried variations of DateTime instead of Bars and the data seems to only want to go back to the dates available on my screen.  In other words, I have to manually scroll until Jan 1, 1990 to extract data I want.  This would be fine, but since I'm running some comparisons, I'd like to be able to do this across various currency pairs at once.

Suggestions?

ambtn723:

Hello:

I know Bars returns the number of bars currently displayed on screen.  However I'm trying to retrieve several pieces of data across various currencies and am unable to do so.  For example I'd like to export all open, close values of various currency pairs from Jan 1 1990 onwards through one indicator. 

Code is pretty basic:

FileWrite (handle, iClose("USDCHFm", PERIOD_D1, i), iClose("EURUSDm", PERIOD_D1, i);

}

But the Bars functionality caps out with the bars I can see on screen.  I tried variations of DateTime instead of Bars and the data seems to only want to go back to the dates available on my screen.  In other words, I have to manually scroll until Jan 1, 1990 to extract data I want.  This would be fine, but since I'm running some comparisons, I'd like to be able to do this across various currency pairs at once.

Suggestions?

You can only access he data you have within your MT4 Terminal,  where did you get your data that goes back to 1999 from ?

ambtn723:

Hello:

Code is pretty basic:

}

Suggestions?

1. Don't use Bars on chart, they are limited to display 65536 bars, read here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/139787, instead use FileOpenHistory() and download data from history center (press F2)

2. Or use MT5 

Hello,

I have a demo FXOpen account.

I can load historical data (for example for EUR/USD) and make a backtest with my EA. Hitorical data starts since 2001 year.

My EA is working with M1 (1 minute) and M5 (5 minute) frames and I need to view all KO/OK orders for better EA evaluation since 2001.

Unfortunatelly, on M5 time the oldest moment I can view is nov/december 2012. Therefore, I cannot see EUR/USD on M5 in 2011 year for example.

On M1 time is worst. Oldest moment I can see is around august 2013.

Is there any way to see the charts on M5 (and M1) before these dates for example 2011 year and why not till 2001 year ?

Thanks,

Dani

danimt4:

Hello,

I have a demo FXOpen account.

I can load historical data (for example for EUR/USD) and make a backtest with my EA. Hitorical data starts since 2001 year.

My EA is working with M1 (1 minute) and M5 (5 minute) frames and I need to view all KO/OK orders for better EA evaluation since 2001.

Unfortunatelly, on M5 time the oldest moment I can view is nov/december 2012. Therefore, I cannot see EUR/USD on M5 in 2011 year for example.

On M1 time is worst. Oldest moment I can see is around august 2013.

Is there any way to see the charts on M5 (and M1) before these dates for example 2011 year and why not till 2001 year ?

Yes, get M11 data going back to 2001 and create the other timeframes from the M1 data.
Reason: