MQL4 and JSON/XML

Is there any posibility to decode JSON(prefered) or XML in MT4? JSON/XML are simple, several entries of key-value.  It can be 3rd part library, doesn't metter, it just needs to work correctly.

mnbvcxz555:

Is there any posibility to decode JSON(prefered) or XML in MT4? JSON/XML are simple, several entries of key-value.  It can be 3rd part library, doesn't metter, it just needs to work correctly.

Sure,  from what I have read JSON is just a text file,  it shouldn't be too hard for you to code something to get what you need out of the file,  just make sure the files are in the  experts/files   directory.

The documentation for the mql4 file handling functions is here.

Yea, I know that's just a text and is won't be too hard to implement for my own purpose, but I am searching for a library which I can use out-of-the-box, for example execute json_parse(text) and get nice array result or something similar. Anyone has seen something like that?

Hi @mnbvcxz555!

Yes, we need out of the box, JSON parser for MQL language. But, It seems there is no any developed JSON parser. Do you find your search? Or do you make it for you? If you did, could you share your work?

Reason: