Publisher: (detailed) reports

Hello,

I don't get reports. I'm trying to create the MT4 reports using 'statement.htm' and 'StatementDetailed.htm' that come in the templates.

I have verified tools/options/publisher. I put in the ftp server in format type 'access.metatrader4.com:443' and when pinged my computer recognizes it. 

In the terminal 'journal' the 2 messages say 'FTP: no connection' and 'Publisher: error connecting to 'access.metatrader4.com'. 

I have not found more details on this forum. Any ideas from you would be much appreciated.

Thank you. 

zeno1:

Hello,

I don't get reports. I'm trying to create the MT4 reports using 'statement.htm' and 'StatementDetailed.htm' that come in the templates.

I have verified tools/options/publisher. I put in the ftp server in format type 'access.metatrader4.com:443' and when pinged my computer recognizes it. 

In the terminal 'journal' the 2 messages say 'FTP: no connection' and 'Publisher: error connecting to 'access.metatrader4.com'. 

I have not found more details on this forum. Any ideas from you would be much appreciated.

Thank you. 

Not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve . . .  where did you get the FTP server address from ?  is this something to do with providing signals ?

I understand that the FTP server would be the server of my broker, so I asked my broker the IP address of that server in the format I mentioned above.

My objective is to be able to create reports (detailed and summary) of my trading activity on a daily, etc basis. I thought that with filling in tools/options/publisher I would be able to do so and that with those templates these reports would be created? Is this possible or do I not interpret this correctly? How could I otherwise keep track of my trading activity?

So it is not related to signals. It would instead take the details of account history in the terminal and create reports with it.

Thanks so much. 

zeno1:

I understand that the FTP server would be the server of my broker, so I asked my broker the IP address of that server in the format I mentioned above.

My objective is to be able to create reports (detailed and summary) of my trading activity on a daily, etc basis. I thought that with filling in tools/options/publisher I would be able to do so and that with those templates these reports would be created? Is this possible or do I not interpret this correctly? How could I otherwise keep track of my trading activity?

So it is not related to signals. It would instead take the details of account history in the terminal and create reports with it.

Ah I see.  The FTP server would be your own FTP server, if you don't have one then yo can't do what you are trying to do.  My Broker sends me a daily report and a monthly summary.  You can also go to your Account History and create your own monthly,  3 monthly or custom period report.

I would then be on the wrong track apparently. Reading in the MT4 user guide, under Client Terminal / User Interface / Terminal / Account History and part 'reports' I see details on reports. But how can I actually create the report? When I right click on terminal/account history and select say 'last month' nothing happens. Neither when I select any of the other options. By choosing 'save as report' I get to save any of the 2 earlier reports 'statement' or 'detailed statement' that I can rename for the current month. But as has happened before, I get 'This webpage is not found'.

Is this last part the root cause? 

Thanks!

zeno1:

I would then be on the wrong track apparently. Reading in the MT4 user guide, under Client Terminal / User Interface / Terminal / Account History and part 'reports' I see details on reports. But how can I actually create the report? When I right click on terminal/account history and select say 'last month' nothing happens. Neither when I select any of the other options. By choosing 'save as report' I get to save any of the 2 earlier reports 'statement' or 'detailed statement' that I can rename for the current month. But as has happened before, I get 'This webpage is not found'.

Is this last part the root cause? 

Thanks!

1. Ask your broker when they don't send you daily or monthly report to your email.

2. Some broker does limit the amount of historical trades in MT4 :( 

Reason: