METATRADER ON UBUNTU..

the metaeditor doesn't show suggestions on linux platform as we type commands( half commands metaeditor shows suggestions)..any way how to resolve this.????.

THATS THE MAIN REASON  LIMITING PEOPLE FROM USING LINUX AS THEIR O/S...

ankit29030:

the metaeditor doesn't show suggestions on linux platform as we type commands( half commands metaeditor shows suggestions)..any way how to resolve this.????.

THATS THE MAIN REASON  LIMITING PEOPLE FROM USING LINUX AS THEIR O/S...

Really ? I thought the main reason was that they used with Windows :D

Running MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal on Linux-Desktop

phi.nuts:

Really ? I thought the main reason was that they used with Windows :D

Running MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal on Linux-Desktop

only few trading terminals are available for linux....thats the point..understand it clearly now..people means traders here..

does the above article solve what i asked??the problem of suggestions....??

ankit29030:

only few trading terminals are available for linux....thats the point..understand it clearly now..people means traders here..

If you want MT4 to run as intended run it on the OS it is intended to run on . . .  if you want to do otherwise that is up to you but it may also be up to you to solve any issues or live with them. 

Many people run their MT4 terminals on Linux for years already...

Read some documents and try Wine yourself. 

nickyip:

Many people run their MT4 terminals on Linux for years already...

Read some documents and try Wine yourself. 

No thanks,  I'm very happy running MT4 on the OS family it was designed for.  Perhaps you should try running MT4 on XP or Windows 7 . . .  or help the OP with his Linux related issue.

ankit29030:

This is a programming forum. If you're not a programmer and using Linux then I feel sorry for you. The OS is still geared toward people who can/will customize everything to fit their needs [IMO]. Writing a shell command which gives suggestions within another IDE should be a piece-of-cake for a "Real" Linux user. My Unix/Linux teacher in College sure made it seem like they were the gods of Computers. 

i am running that on linux...the only prob is it doesnt show suggestions while typing as metaeditor shows on windows..

someone says installing ms core fonts will work ...i have also installed that...but doesn't seems working...and its necessary fro coding as it reduces error..

Reason: