NO log files for Strategy Tester!!

I am trying to test a new EA I have written in the MT4 Strategy Tester.

I am looking for some bugs that I must fixed, but the Journal does not give all the data so I want to open a "Log" file under "Tester", but the folder is empty. NO log files.

What could be causing the problem?

Please HELP!

Don't install in \program files* on Vista/Win7

WHRoeder:
Don't install in \program files* on Vista/Win7

I use Windows 7 and Metatrader4 is installed under Program Files (x86).

Is that a problem??

ernest02:

I am trying to test a new EA I have written in the MT4 Strategy Tester.

I am looking for some bugs that I must fixed, but the Journal does not give all the data so I want to open a "Log" file under "Tester", but the folder is empty. NO log files.

Are you looking in  \tester  or in   \tester\logs  ?  if you don't have a logs folder then it's most probably a UAC issue  . . .   so install MT4 in a folder other than Program Files

ernest02:

I use Windows 7 and Metatrader4 is installed under Program Files (x86).

Is that a problem??

Yes, install outside the *Program_Files. :) echo.

RaptorUK:
Are you looking in  \tester  or in   \tester\logs  ?  if you don't have a logs folder then it's most probably a UAC issue  . . .   so install MT4 in a folder other than Program Files

Looking in \tester\logs

ubzen:
Yes, install outside the *Program_Files. :) echo.

Ok! That will keep me busy for a while! I run one live account and two demos and they all have numerous EA's running.

I experienced problems in the past when I used an .exe that was downloaded before. Did not want to connect.

Do you recommend that I download new MT4 .exe's or is that not necessary? My broker is FXOpen.

ernest02:

Ok! That will keep me busy for a while! I run one live account and two demos and they all have numerous EA's running.

I experienced problems in the past when I used an .exe that was downloaded before. Did not want to connect.

Do you recommend that I download new MT4 .exe's or is that not necessary? My broker is FXOpen.

I cannot provide technical support therefore I cannot recommend anything. However, a safer route would be installing another copy of the FxOpen.exe on your C:\[My_Folder]. This folder could be used for creating and testing programs and would not interfere with your Live running accounts. 

ubzen:
I cannot provide technical support therefore I cannot recommend anything. However, a safer route would be installing another copy of the FxOpen.exe on your C:\[My_Folder]. This folder could be used for creating and testing programs and would not interfere with your Live running accounts. 
Exactly what I told a friend to do today . . . keep your Live account and terminal physically separate from a terminal that you use for testing . . .  then if something catastrophic happens your live account/terminal is safe. 

Guys thank you for your help and advice. It is greatly appreciated!!
Reason: