Bar prices problems

Hi,

I'm a newbie.

I'm using the following code to capture the prices (open, close, max and min) every time a new candle is detected.

int init()
{
   lastCandleOpenTime = Time[0];
   return(0);
}

int deinit()
{
return(0);
}

int start()

int start()
{

if (isNewCandle())
{

Print("***************** New Candle *****************");

datetime T_Bar=Time [0]; // Bar opening time
double O_Bar=Open [0]; // Bar open price
double C_Bar=Close[0]; // Bar close price
double H_Bar=High [0]; // Bar maximum price
double L_Bar=Low [0]; // Bar minimum price

Print("Bar opening time = ", TimeToStr(T_Bar));
Print("Bar open price = ", DoubleToStr(O_Bar,5));
Print("Bar close price = ", DoubleToStr(C_Bar,5));
Print("Bar maximum price = ", DoubleToStr(H_Bar,5));
Print("Bar minimum price = ", DoubleToStr(L_Bar,5));
Print("Bid = ", DoubleToStr(Bid,5));
Print("Ask = ", DoubleToStr(Ask,5));
Print("Total Orders = ", DoubleToStr(OrdersTotal(),5));

return(0);
}
}

bool isNewCandle()
{
   //TRUE if New Candle
   //FALSE if Old Candle

bool isNewCandle = false;
   int v_shift = iBarShift(NULL, 0, lastCandleOpenTime, true);

if (v_shift == 0)
   {
      isNewCandle = false;
   }
   else
   {
     isNewCandle = true;
     lastCandleOpenTime = Time[0];
   }

return (isNewCandle);
}

looking in Journal messages, I always find the same price for max, min, open and close price.

the function isnewcandle() works good; it recognizes new candle so the prices printed in journal change every new candle but there are no differences between the prices above.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

Alex 

aleale72:

Hi,

I'm a newbie.

I'm using the following code to capture the prices (open, close, max and min) every time a new candle is detected.

<SNIP>

looking in Journal messages, I always find the same price for max, min, open and close price.

the function isnewcandle() works good; it recognizes new candle so the prices printed in journal change every new candle but there are no differences between the prices above. 

Please edit your post . . .   or have your code removed

Please use this to post code . . . it makes it easier to read.

aleale72:

Hi,

I'm a newbie.

You are getting the data from Bar 0 when it has just opened . . .  so all the values will be the same as it's Open price.  You should be getting the values from Bar 1  when Bar 0 has just opened . . .  then you will be getting the correct OHLC values for a completed bar. 

RaptorUK:
You are getting the data from Bar 0 when it has just opened . . .  so all the values will be the same as it's Open price.  You should be getting the values from Bar 1  when Bar 0 has just opened . . .  then you will be getting the correct OHLC values for a completed bar.  

aleale72:

Thanks RaptorUK.

Now it work well. 

You can find my code with your suggestions. 

Alex. 

Reason: