Backtest data

Subject says it all: Dukascopy vs. Alpari? And does it make a difference?

Yes, says it all.

HarriMQL4:
Subject says it all: Dukascopy vs. Alpari? And does it make a difference?
Dukascopy because you can get years of data,  and tick data if you want  . . yes, IMO, it makes a difference because you have data of a known quality . . . .  

RaptorUK:
Dukascopy because you can get years of data,  and tick data if you want  . . yes, IMO, it makes a difference because you have data of a known quality . . . .  

I kind of thought you might say that. You can get years of data with Alpari , though not tick data. However, as far as Dukascopy tick data goes, I can only download one day's worth of data at a time. Do I really need tick data? My EA is not scalping, so no. But having accurate data canhelp.

HarriMQL4:

I kind of thought you might say that. You can get years of data with Alpari , though not tick data. However, as far as Dukascopy tick data goes, I can only download one day's worth of data at a time. Do I really need tick data? My EA is not scalping, so no. But having accurate data canhelp.
How many years of M1 data can you get from Alpari ?  and how are you getting it ?

RaptorUK:
How many years of M1 data can you get from Alpari ?  and how are you getting it ?

Um, the data goes back to '99 and I got it by clicking Download in the History Center from an Alpari account. I read somewhere that although it says it is being downloaded by Metaquotes, it was actually Alpari data. Is this correct?

I downloaded Dukascopy data (M1) and noticed right away - they pad the weekend bars/periods with OHLC equal to the same price. So when loaded you get a straight line on the chart for those periods. Should I remove these bars, perhaps via a script? My indicators Im currently using are timeframe/bar independent, mostly, but I can see how the padding might cause problems....

HarriMQL4:

Um, the data goes back to '99 and I got it by clicking Download in the History Center from an Alpari account. I read somewhere that although it says it is being downloaded by Metaquotes, it was actually Alpari data. Is this correct?

I downloaded Dukascopy data (M1) and noticed right away - they pad the weekend bars/periods with OHLC equal to the same price. So when loaded you get a straight line on the chart for those periods. Should I remove these bars, perhaps via a script? My indicators Im currently using are timeframe/bar independent, mostly, but I can see how the padding might cause problems....

My understanding was that data downloaded via the History Centre comes from Metaquotes . . . 

I downloaded tick data from Dukascopy and made the M1 - MN1 timeframes from it,  so I don't see the issue you are describing. 

Reason: