Glitches in Stategy Tester??? MT4 doesn't support testing multiple years at once???

Making sure to download all time frames of data running a 5 year back test my Tester will cut off 2012. When I do 2012 by itself I get 1/4 of the trades that I would get any other year but it'll at least show trades if I do it year by year.

I get 0 mismatched chart errors and my broker is pepperstone. Has been doing this now for months, since I can remember. any idea why or Anyone else with the same issue.

Ive tried clearing cache, reinstalling MT4. I run 4 instances of MT4 and they all do it. I have redownloaded history a million times. Does it on all pairs. with most eas, no errors in journal, it just stops the testing before the end date.

Google search with my issue had this to say:

it appears to be a limitation in MT4 to do with allocating the amount of memory required to complete the backtest over that long a timeframe.

The work-around I used was to set Model to "Open Prices only" and lower the timeframe so it didn't effect the results. I checked my results with Every Tick and Open Prices only by testing over a shorter time period to ensure that setting the Model to "Open Prices only" didn't have an adverse effect.

So is this true that testing 5 years for an EA is "too big" for MT4 to handle?? seriously?

How is it possible to have such a huge issue like this?I am supposed to either use a low quility testing "open prices" or test 1 or 2 years max at a time????

Possible for MT to comment on this issue?  Thank you :)

MT4 is a 32bit application,  I think this has something to do with the   fxt    file being limited to a max size of 2GB.

By the way, perhaps you missed this when you registered . . .

Look here: https://www.mql5.com/en/users/register

It says . . . "4. Posting of advertising messages is forbidden. "

Reason: