24/7 Forex Streaming Data & Trading

Why don't I have streaming data in my MT4 terminal on weekends? If forex trading continues around the clock, 7 days every week, why can't I trade on weekends?

duanecny:

Why don't I have streaming data in my MT4 terminal on weekends? If forex trading continues around the clock, 7 days every week, why can't I trade on weekends?

Forex is 24 hours business but only on 5 working days. It always closes on weekend and on International holidays.

phi.nuts:

Forex is 24 hours business but only on 5 working days. It always closes on weekend and on International holidays.

Hi phi.nuts. That's not what it says where ever you Google it. This is the best I've seen from Forex working hours – Guide to Forex Part 5

Here is a pertinent except:

"Some banks get out of the general trading process because of national holidays which are usually holidays for banks too. In general, however, due to differences between time zones there is always at least one or more active financial institutions (by turn or simultaneously) that make Forex a 24-hour market. Even on the 1st of January trading continues because the banks in Muslim countries are still open. Actually, the market is also open on the weekends but the trading activity is so weak that it is very hard for a broker to find a partner (contractor) for the deal. Obviously this isn’t a problem during week days."

duanecny:
phi.nuts:

Hi phi.nuts. That's not what it says where ever you Google it. This is the best I've seen from Forex working hours – Guide to Forex Part 5

Here is a pertinent except:

"Some banks get out of the general trading process because of national holidays which are usually holidays for banks too. In general, however, due to differences between time zones there is always at least one or more active financial institutions (by turn or simultaneously) that make Forex a 24-hour market. Even on the 1st of January trading continues because the banks in Muslim countries are still open. Actually, the market is also open on the weekends but the trading activity is so weak that it is very hard for a broker to find a partner (contractor) for the deal. Obviously this isn’t a problem during week days."

Good.

I've highlighted some of the words there and you should be able to figure out yourself why there's no trading session on weekend.

Forex market basically is buying selling currencies through banks, forex market needs banks to run. So if banks is on holiday then forex market is also on holiday. 

Also you should read the first paragraph of that blog : "... The market does not close for lunch or go to bed. Forex is a twenty-four-hour market operating five days a week. ...

Reason: