Beginner Needs a Help in little Coding Stuff. Kindly Help!!!!!

Hello All,

I am reading the book section above. Im at the section "Opening and Placing Orders". there is a code named "simpleopen.mq4" and some more based on the same logic.

int start() // Special function start()

{ // Opening BUY

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,0.1,Ask,3,Bid-15*Point,Bid+15*Point);

return; // Exit start()

}

The problem is in the line " OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,0.1,Ask,3,Bid-15*Point,Bid+15*Point); "

The Bid-15*Point & Bid+15*Point always gives me error 130. i read all about the error in the book. Checked the next version on the code "modified.mq4" but still the same error. I tried to Print the values of the Bid, Ask & Point. Bid & Ask are Fine but the Point returns me 0 everytime. I dont understand why it is so? Examples explained in the book are all fine but when i try the same code on my system it gives such errors. I am using demo account. Kindly Help me with this problem.

If you are on 5 digit broker, 15*Point is effectively 1.5 pips which means you are probably trying to place your SL or TP within the spread - hence the error.

Try using:

Bid+150*Point

and

Bid-150*Point

1. Your EA must adjust for 4/5 digit brokers. Pips (tp, sl) and Points (Slippage) EA's must adjust for ECN brokers (open first and then set stops)
    //++++ These are adjusted for 5 digit brokers.
    int     pips2points;    // slippage  3 pips    3=points    30=points
    double  pips2dbl;       // Stoploss 15 pips    0.015      0.0150
    int     Digits.pips;    // DoubleToStr(dbl/pips2dbl, Digits.pips)
    int     init(){                                             OptInitialization();
         if (Digits % 2 == 1){      // DE30=1/JPY=3/EURUSD=5 forum.mql4.com/43064#515262
                    pips2dbl    = Point*10; pips2points = 10;   Digits.pips = 1;
        } else {    pips2dbl    = Point;    pips2points =  1;   Digits.pips = 0; }
        // OrderSend(... Slippage.Pips * pips2points, Bid - StopLossPips * pips2dbl
    //---- These are adjusted for 5 digit brokers.
        /* On ECN brokers you must open first and THEN set stops
        int ticket = OrderSend(..., 0,0,...)
        if (ticket < 0)
           Alert("OrderSend failed: ", GetLastError());
        else if (!OrderSelect(ticket, SELECT_BY_TICKET))
           Alert("OrderSelect failed: ", GetLastError());
        else if (!OrderModify(OrderTicket(), OrderOpenPrice(), SL, TP, 0))
           Alert("OrderModify failed: ", GetLastError());
         */

2. What are Function return values ? How do I use them ? - MQL4 forum

3. For large amounts of code, attach it

jp_forex:

Hello All,

The Bid-15*Point & Bid+15*Point always gives me error 130. i read all about the error in the book. Checked the next version on the code "modified.mq4" but still the same error. I tried to Print the values of the Bid, Ask & Point. Bid & Ask are Fine but the Point returns me 0 everytime. I dont understand why it is so? Examples explained in the book are all fine but when i try the same code on my system it gives such errors. I am using demo account. Kindly Help me with this problem.

Follow this link and read some of the threads: ECN

Thank You Everyone. @Paul B, Sir I have tried changing 15 to 150, but its not helping. I guess the problem is with the account. Thank You guys for your help & all the information.

jp_forex: I guess the problem is with the account.
What part of adjusting for ECN brokers did you NOT READ?

WHRoeder:
What part of adjusting for ECN brokers did you NOT READ?
All of it :-)
Reason: