IsConnected() problem

how can i identify when i'm logged off? putting the IsConnected() on start will not work cause when i'm logged off start is not happening

set an EA on a separate chart to use the email settings found under Tools|Options. Write a notification section in this EA to send a short text message to your cell phone number (2125551212@yourcarrier.net).

search google to find how to construct an email for your carrier (you have about 150 characters to play with)

Write the notification code such that it sends an email every (10 minutes). Now all your have to do to check if you are still online is glance at your phone to see when the last text message came in.

You can use this to send yourself balance/equity updates and various trade status messages

Hope this helps

redharel: how can i identify when i'm logged off? putting the IsConnected() on start will not work cause when i'm logged off start is not happening

It will but you'll have to write a special non-trading EA. One with start that never exits. It can check periodically and send a message when not.

See IsConnected() - MQL4 forum

WHRoeder:

It will but you'll have to write a special non-trading EA. One with start that never exits. It can check periodically and send a message when not.

See IsConnected() - MQL4 forum

so basiclly IsConnected() is useless...

sending mail every X minute will bombard my mail

how come there is no log off event?

i had to go with script that only loop all day long to check for connection :(

1. It isn't useless. If your start never exits
  2. I didn't say to send mail every X. I said check periodically.
  3. There are NO events in mql4
  4. That's what I stated.

WHRoeder:
  1. It isn't useless. If your start never exits
  2. I didn't say to send mail every X. I said check periodically.
  3. There are NO events in mql4
  4. That's what I stated.

1) leave my EA in a loop inside start won't cause the program problem?

2) it was for the guy above you

3) and in mql5?

4) and i got your advice, thanks for that one :)

Reason: