Offline Chart Expert Advisor

Hello,

i created an Expert Advisor for an offline chart that looks like the following code:

int init()
{
start();
return(0);

}

int start()
{
while (!IsStopped())

{

RefreshRates();

//execution code

Sleep(1000);

//print each 5 mins a message "i am alive"

}

}

After some minutes the message "i am alive" was stopped.

Is there is something i can do about it or as i read in some other topics, it is a problem of every offline chart EA?

Thank you very much

Stylianos:

Hello,

i created an Expert Advisor for an offline chart that looks like the following code:

<SNIP>

After some minutes the message "i am alive" was stopped.

Is there is something i can do about it or as i read in some other topics, it is a problem of every offline chart EA?

Thank you very much

Please edit your post.

Please use this to post code . . . it makes it easier to read.

You need tick for an EA to run, start() is called when a tick arrives. An offline chart is offline so no tick arrive . . . so you need something to send ticks to the offline chart. Use the search and you will find may discussions on this subject.

int init()
{
start();
return(0);

}

int start()
{
while (!IsStopped())

{

RefreshRates();

//execution code

Sleep(1000);

//print each 5 mins a message "i am alive"

}
return(0);

}

Here is the code by using the SRC button...thanks RaptorUK.
With this code i receive tick data since i call the RefreshRates() in the beginning of each loop.
The problem is that after some time i don't see the "i am alive" message which means that the loop has stopped its execution

Stylianos:
Here is the code by using the SRC button...thanks RaptorUK.
With this code i receive tick data since i call the RefreshRates() in the beginning of each loop.
The problem is that after some time i don't see the "i am alive" message which means that the loop has stopped its execution

No, its not like that. "Offline charts" are known as offline for a reason. If code is working fine online but not offline, then it means refreshrates are not helping...its simple..

dineshydv:
No, its not like that. "Offline charts" are known as offline for a reason. If code is working fine online but not offline, then it means refreshrates are not helping...its simple..

RefreshRates() is working fine for some minutes...the problem is that the EA hangs after a while. I see the "i am alive" message for 2-3 times (message appears every 5 mins) but then it appears no more!

Reason: