Tick Collector and Playback in Tester - page 2

RaptorUK:

1. incorrect, a monthly fee is NOT needed.

2. converting CSV to hst is very easy, just use the History Center and import the M1 data. hst files are M1 and above, NOT tickdata

3. there is no point building hst from fxt . . . the issue is how to use a fxt file that you have generated ? you need to modify MT4 to stop it overwriting your fxt file. fxt is the source of ticks for the Strategy Tester.

First of all, thanks for your answer.

1. I read that monthly fee was neccessary, sorry, my mistake.

2. Now I know real difference between .fxt and .hst, thanks.

3. Understood. I thought that I could use manually recorded tick data file in the same way as I use Dukascopy data, downloaded converted by Birth's method. The latest one provides the same .fxt file which after had been copied to ./tester/history is also available to use as "raw tick data". So these methods are not interchangeable, are they?

ebhfor:

3. Understood. I thought that I could use manually recorded tick data file in the same way as I use Dukascopy data, downloaded converted by Birth's method. The latest one provides the same .fxt file which after had been copied to ./tester/history is also available to use as "raw tick data". So these methods are not interchangeable, are they?

You can if it's saved in a format that can be converted to CSV and then processed the same way as you would the Dukascopy data.

Hi,

just tonight I´ve written an EA that does exactly what you need. Collecting tick-data from your broker and saving to CSV format that can be read by CSV2FXT so that you can use that tick-data with Birt´s scripts and Tick Data Suite and don´t have to use Dukascopy data but your own brokers tick-data. I´ve posted it over here for free:
http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=6720.0

geektrader:

Hi,

just tonight I´ve written an EA that does exactly what you need. Collecting tick-data from your broker and saving to CSV format that can be read by CSV2FXT so that you can use that tick-data with Birt´s scripts and Tick Data Suite and don´t have to use Dukascopy data but your own brokers tick-data. I´ve posted it over here for free:
http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=6720.0

Amazing! This is exactly what we was looking for. Thanks for your work!

Reason: