A simple question about EMA

Hello all,

just want to use the chance and ask all the "experts" or experienced traders out there if it is somehow possible to detect the current value of an ema (inside the MT4 platform) - expect from what I see on my chart? Or is what I see the true value?

Regards

Hubinator

Use iCustom() or for manual values use the Data Window

RaptorUK:
Use iCustom() or for manual values use the Data Window

Hi RaptorUK,

thanks for your fast reply, but honestly speaking I don't understand your answer. Where would I use "iCustom()" and how can I use the Data Window? Is the Data Window the window where I see the rates with its Bid and Ask prices?

To make it more clear what I was asking about: if I move the mouse along the line of an ema, I get the value of the ema at a certain point in time. Is there any way to see the value of this ema ticking as it is calculated?

Thanks,

Hubinator

Hubinator:

Hi RaptorUK,

thanks for your fast reply, but honestly speaking I don't understand your answer. Where would I use "iCustom()" and how can I use the Data Window? Is the Data Window the window where I see the rates with its Bid and Ask prices?

To make it more clear what I was asking about: if I move the mouse along the line of an ema, I get the value of the ema at a certain point in time. Is there any way to see the value of this ema ticking as it is calculated?

This Forum is about coding in MQL4 so I assumed your question was code related, hence my suggestion to use iCustom.
Reason: