rounded numbers

Hello,

if i write:

double x=iMA(NULL,0,8,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0)

The program takes the point value rounded, the real value is 1.20593 but in the variable x the value is 1.2059.

Why?

Thanks!

Vicar:

Hello,

if i write:

The program takes the point value rounded, the real value is 1.20593 but in the variable x the value is 1.2059.

Why?

Thanks!

Hi,

Maybe you should use this:

double x=NormalizeDouble(iMA(NULL,0,8,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0),5)

In this way you specify how many digits will use.

I hope it will be useful for you.

Best regards

acushnir:

Maybe you should use this:

double x=NormalizeDouble(iMA(NULL,0,8,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0),5)

In this way you specify how many digits will use.

Maybe you shouldn't . . .

Maybe you should read the Documentation for Print()

Vicar:

Hello,

if i write:

Why?

Thanks!

Hi Vicar,

When you print it, use conversion function's DoubleToStr(), click that, with Digits for its second parameter.

:D

onewithzachy:

Hi Vicar,

When you print it, use conversion function's DoubleToStr(), click that, with Digits for its second parameter.

Or just read the documentation . . . it says this . . .

"Data of double type are printed with 4 decimal digits after point. To output more precisely, use the DoubleToStr() function."

. . . I don't understand peoples reluctance to read the Documentation.

RaptorUK:

Or just read the documentation . . . it says this . . .

"Data of double type are printed with 4 decimal digits after point. To output more precisely, use the DoubleToStr() function."

Hi RaptorUK,

Sorry, I didn't remember the print doc said that, all I know it print :D. It's just my long habit since rookie to use conversion function to convert anything. So I reply like that.

Some people want to find out the answer, so it's not reluctant, it's lazy enough to find out that the answer is in the help file - that's why its called the "help file" people !

1. Never use NormalizeDouble, ever.
  2. Convert the numbers before printing.
    string  PriceToStr(double p){ return( DoubleToStr(p, Digits) ); } // Print(PriceToStr(Bid));

Reason: