Newbie question. How can I set the time for regular session time? 9:30am to 4:15pm New York time

Hi,

I am a newbie to Broco

Can someone please help me.

In Borco, how can I set the time in my data to ONLY include regular session time; 9:30am EST to 4:15pm EST time?? I do not want 24 hour data because this skews my strategy.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to your reply.

Freddd

Freddd:

Hi,

I am a newbie to Broco

In Borco, how can I set the time in my data to ONLY include regular session time; 9:30am EST to 4:15pm EST time?? I do not want 24 hour data because this skews my strategy.

Freddd

Well you can't stop the data feed and your charts will do whatever the broker tells them to. That should not affect your strategy though.

If you really don't want to use data from the rest of the day then I guess you can re-code every single indicator you need to use to avoid that area, but it sounds like a lot of work to me.

dabbler:

Well you can't stop the data feed and your charts will do whatever the broker tells them to. That should not affect your strategy though.

If you really don't want to use data from the rest of the day then I guess you can re-code every single indicator you need to use to avoid that area, but it sounds like a lot of work to me.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Actually the 24 data does affect my strategy. That is the whole reason why I want just regular session data; 9:30am EST to 4:15pm EST time. I am only following one market; ES emini futures market.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Freddd:

Thanks for your quick reply.

Actually the 24 data does affect my strategy. That is the whole reason why I want just regular session data; 9:30am EST to 4:15pm EST time. I am only following one market; ES emini futures market.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

You could create an offline chart which excludes the data you don't want . . .

RaptorUK:
You could create an offline chart which excludes the data you don't want . . .

I am a newbie.

In Broco, how do you do that?

Thanks for your time and understanding. I look forward to your reply

Freddd:
how can I set the time in my data to ONLY include regular session time; 9:30am EST to 4:15pm EST time?? I do not want 24 hour data because this skews my strategy.
Just ignore the bars you don't want. See entry requirment relative to previous candle high or low - MQL4 forum

Freddd:

I am a newbie.

In Broco, how do you do that?

Thanks for your time and understanding. I look forward to your reply

This Forum is all about mql4 coding . . . to make an offline chart you write the code to create it . . . how ? you Learn, just like I did, or you pay someone to do it for you . . .

Freddd:

Hi,

I am a newbie to Broco

Freddd

Hi Freddd,

If Broco chart time or your local time is in EST, that will be easy, just use datetime function.

:D

onewithzachy:

Hi Freddd,

If Broco chart time or your local time is in EST, that will be easy, just use datetime function.

He only wants to see bars from 9:30 to 16:15 EST . . .

RaptorUK:
He only wants to see bars from 9:30 to 16:15 EST . . .

Mmm ... "... data to ONLY include regular session ..." still same answer using datetime function like TimeHour() and TimeMinute(), and if Freddd wants to display those bars on chart, all Freddd has to do is modifying Heikin Ashi with datetime function.

OK, let me put it another way . . he doesn't want the bars outside of 9:30 to 16:15 to be shown on the chart . . .
Reason: