Print of historical charts

Dear all, I am looking for a guidance how to print MT4 historical charts "by one click". I need to print out 5M EURUSD chart since 1 January 2011 for manual backtesting. Could you please help me the easier way than single screenshots?

Thank you a lot.

Kitty:

Dear all, I am looking for a guidance how to print MT4 historical charts "by one click". I need to print out 5M EURUSD chart since 1 January 2011 for manual backtesting. Could you please help me the easier way than single screenshots?

Thank you a lot.

This request seems strange. How can you see an M5 chart over 1 year on one piece of paper. If you had an old fashioned roll-fed printer then you might (conceptually) be able to do it, but with a modern sheet fed printer that's a lot of sheets. People sometimes do "manual" backtesting by using the strategy tester in visual mode. That's a lot cheaper than printing all the charts out.

dabbler:
This request seems strange. How can you see an M5 chart over 1 year on one piece of paper. If you had an old fashioned roll-fed printer then you might (conceptually) be able to do it, but with a modern sheet fed printer that's a lot of sheets. People sometimes do "manual" backtesting by using the strategy tester in visual mode. That's a lot cheaper than printing all the charts out.

Dabber,

thank you for your reply. I know it would be a large number of pages but I would like to keep these backtesting records in hard-copy in order to make my own notes, lines and comments and refer back to it if necessary. Therefore I do not prefer visual mode only.

Kitty:

Dabber,

thank you for your reply. I know it would be a large number of pages but I would like to keep these backtesting records in hard-copy in order to make my own notes, lines and comments and refer back to it if necessary. Therefore I do not prefer visual mode only.

Fair enough. How about writing an EA that does a screen shot every so often then running the back test. You will have to decide what is an appropriate zoom setting and save the screen shots to nicely incrementing names ("screen1.gif", "screen2.gif" etc)

https://docs.mql4.com/windows/WindowScreenShot

dabbler:

Fair enough. How about writing an EA that does a screen shot every so often then running the back test. You will have to decide what is an appropriate zoom setting and save the screen shots to nicely incrementing names ("screen1.gif", "screen2.gif" etc)

https://docs.mql4.com/windows/WindowScreenShot

Thank you. I'll try.
Reason: