Windows 2000: deprecated?

Recent MT4 (and MT5) client installers don't run on Windows 2000, the setup is terminated without any error message. The client terminal application itself still works flawlessly if the installation is made under a more recent 32bit Windows version - copying the installed program from an XP box does the job - after a successful login, the application runs fine without any previous registry entries. I just cannot run the installer. It seems the new installers are built using some SDK requiring XP or newer components.

I really don't consider this being a big problem; the OS has been discontinued by Microsoft and is not being supported anymore, and number of clients running MT4 under Windows 2000 will be very small today. But they exist.

Some kind of "XP or newer required" hint would be nice to see - the only official (MT4 client) hardware requirements I could find are on page 1 of the CHM userguide:

The Client Terminal can operate under Microsoft Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/2003. Hardware requirements are limited with software ones.

A client running Windows 2000 should be fine (LiveUpdate works) unless he/she needs to reinstall the platform.
Reason: