WindowPriceMax() & WindowPriceMin() don't change if MT4 is minimized - page 3

RaptorUK:

I think I see your point . . . . WindowPriceMin(0) can return a higher value and I don't alert if that happens . . . similar for WindowPriceMax(0), you are correct . . . but that isn't relevant to the point of this Indicator. The point of the Indicator was to test if WindowPriceMax and Min returned the correct values when MT4 is minimized.

The reason I chose to just check if WindowPriceMin was going lower and WindowPriceMax was going higher was to minimize problems with comparing doubles.

Then it is what is the right definition of a window. I think the window is that part of the chart we see displayed.

when we open a chart there are three buttons

X for closing the chart

box for smaller or bigger setting this chart

-- minimize chart no display of chart

with the box we have a displayed chart so there is a WindowPriceMin( ) / WindowPriceMax() and settings are changing by time

Using button -- no display no window so no change of settings is this what you wanna pointed out

When we minimize the displayed chart WindowPriceMin () and WindowPriceMax() keeping the last values before minimizing until we press again

to show a displayed chart ..... and then we get a new value WindowPriceMin () and WindowPriceMax()

So WindowPriceMin () and WindowPriceMax() can't be used on a not displayed chart

if this is what you mean you are also right...

deVries:

So WindowPriceMin () and WindowPriceMax() can't be used on a not displayed chart

if this is what you mean you are also right...

I am not talking about minimizing a chart . . . I am talking about minimizing MT4.

When I use WindowScreenShot() to do a chart grab, even when MT4 is minimized ( -- ) I get the correct chart grabbed . . .

I found out that now also Simon that it is not working if we minimize MT4. You might think that there is then no window why it is not working

but then also how can you make a WindowScreenShot( ) if it is not working...

I never worked with this option but it is becoming interesting What windowfunction is working with MT4 Minimized

WindowBarsPerChart

WindowExpertName

WindowFind

WindowFirstVisibleBar

WindowHandle

WindowIsVisible

WindowOnDropped

WindowPriceMax not

WindowPriceMin not

WindowPriceOnDropped

WindowRedraw

WindowScreenShot working

WindowTimeOnDropped

WindowsTotal

WindowXOnDropped

WindowYOnDropped

So I think this is what you pointed out with visual backtesting and minimizing MT4 till the test was over WindowsTotal stayed at value 1

That also makes you think that it can't be there is no window if we minimize MT4...

Reason: