iHighest/iLowest - page 2

RaptorUK:

Yes I agree, but I got this response in my suggestion to look at the documentation . . . .

"just because the documentation is vague and incomplete does not mean I did not read it several times before I asked."

everything for him is vague i think and incomplete when it is not what he wants to have if we think about a program then it is always we want it do things not written in it that's why we write and learn to do it ourself.... isn't it ?

Thank you to everyone who has responded. I will study this this weekend.

Yes deVries is correct. I learn by doing and I am still very new to code but I like it, will continue and thank you again for the kind responses. As far as my response quoted above, maybe it's been too long for some people to remember how it was before they could code. Maybe they even lucky enough to learn it in school. I am of the age when there were no computers in school... I'm going on 63 now and the only computer I remember during that time was the most simple calculator. I also had a geek firend that built a 20 key computer that could actually count up to 100 or something like that. So although I may be a dummy in the coding department it does not mean I am not an expert in other areas and if someone were to ask me a question in one of those areas; realizing that this person was just starting out I could and would understand the novice of the question and even answer it without the need to boost myself up by trying to make another look stupid. Sorry but that won't work with me. So please, if you can't answer nicely then just don't bother yourself by answering. It seems that some of the *experts, here must be either very young or have a deep hole of insecurity in them to feel the need to act this way to people they feel lessor to themselves but then again... it's a big world out there.

Thank you again to those who already know these things and are simply cool people.

TraderJoe:

Hello I would like to use the iHighest in my study and would like to know if this statement is valid please.

Thank you kindly.

Joe, I use this on a 5 minute to plot the highest high and lowest low on a 5 min chart:

RANGE_HIGH = High[iHighest(NULL,0,MODE_HIGH,12,0)];

RANGE_LOW = Low[iLowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,12,0)];

Use High (or Low) instead of iHigh

many thanksssssssssss
Reason: