spread

How do I set the difference between the buy and ask?

jshumaker:

see this:

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/152

spread_on_chart
spread_on_chart
  • votes: 8
  • Forexometer
  • www.mql5.com
The spread_on_chart indicator shows the current values of spread, stop and freeze levels.

jshumaker:
What do you mean set the Spread ?  the Spread is set by your Broker . . . 

RaptorUK:
What do you mean set the Spread ?  the Spread is set by your Broker . . . 

I have created an MT5 scalping EA that works in StrategyTester, but I am not certain how much of an impact the spread will have.  I know I will need to speak to my broker and get an idea of the average spread.   

jshumaker: I have created an MT5 scalping EA that works in StrategyTester, but I am not certain how much of an impact the spread will have.  I know I will need to speak to my broker and get an idea of the average spread.   
Strategy_Tester: You cannot modify the spreads in mt5. However you can in mt4. You cannot test multi-currency in mt4.

jshumaker:

I have created an MT5 scalping EA that works in StrategyTester, but I am not certain how much of an impact the spread will have.  I know I will need to speak to my broker and get an idea of the average spread.

you could always use an ecn account so you wont have to worry about the spread so much.

jshumaker:

You can monitor the spread in your EA, and write values to a file.

you can monitor spread using , spread=SymbolInfoInteger(Symbol(),SYMBOL_SPREAD)
Reason: