EA keeps trading even when no smile face

Has anybody experienced this before?

• I close down all my charts
  • There is no smile on the chart, (as there are no charts)
  • I've gone to tools / options and have turned off 'allow live trading'
  • The 'expert advisor' button up the top is red, not green
  • I am NOT logged into my account from any other PC or VPS apart from the connection I'm using
  • I do however have a second account, although it is not linked in anyway and I wouldn't have though that it would affect my trading on this account.

Why is it that after all this, the EA is still taking trades?????

I close off the trades manually, and straight after (within a few seconds) the EA has placed another trade. My account is getting smashed. Thank goodness it's a demo. Broker says they don't know what's going on.

This only started happening today, and admittedly I was trying to load-up a new EA, so I did add a chart initially...

Any help would be appreciated.

Close MT4 for a while, long enough such that your EA would have taken some trades, open MT4 and see if trades have been taken. If they have then that have been placed by another MT4 client, not yours . . . if they haven't then it is your MT4 client that is taking the trades . . .

Thanks Mr. I've sorted it out now. Had to contact my VPS provider. Turns out there were actually two log-ins on my VPS. A simple reboot has solved the problem. Silly me... again!

Reason: