New To DLL functionality...few questions

I'm huge into Perl programming and some PHP, but suck at C+ and don't know squat about DLLs. I'm just getting back into programming mql4 after a year being out of the game. I had a few questions about the DLLs.

A) I believe a DLL is a simple text file, which could be manipulated by a perl script. Is that possible?

B) If that is possible, does anyone have a basic DLL that I can look at for telling metatrader when to enter/exit a trade?

C) Should I just start at the beginning & learn C+?

Thanks for any advice!

~Cal

Calpurnia:

I'm huge into Perl programming and some PHP, but suck at C+ and don't know squat about DLLs. I'm just getting back into programming mql4 after a year being out of the game. I had a few questions about the DLLs.

A) I believe a DLL is a simple text file, which could be manipulated by a perl script. Is that possible?

B) If that is possible, does anyone have a basic DLL that I can look at for telling metatrader when to enter/exit a trade?

C) Should I just start at the beginning & learn C+?

>A) I believe a DLL is a simple text file, which could be manipulated by a perl script.

No. A DLL is a compiled file like an EXE file.

>C) Should I just start at the beginning & learn C?

Yes. MQL4 is based on C more than C++. Learning C is an excellent place to start. It is a relatively simple language.

Reason: