How to access individual tick data and save in Array?

I wish to have an array populated with data for individual ticks! i.e. for each and every tick: Time, Bid/Ask price.

This is easy to do if you create an Array, and just start populating it with the Ticks incoming and you create your own "tick database".

The problem with that is you have no access to historical ticks that happened from before you attached the EA to the chart window.

I know for a fact that MetaTrade 4 saves historical tick information, because it uses that information in Strategy Tester mode.

The question is how can I access this information, so that when I attach my EA to the chart, it is immediately available to it, and the EA can access it and populate it's internal array with it?

I honestly only need tick data for 1-2 bars back at most...

Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance!!! :)

nanquan:

I wish to have an array populated with data for individual ticks! i.e. for each and every tick: Time, Bid/Ask price.

This is easy to do if you create an Array, and just start populating it with the Ticks incoming and you create your own "tick database".

You have to do that if you want tick date

I know for a fact that MetaTrade 4 saves historical tick information, because it uses that information in Strategy Tester mode.

Tick data in tester is only generated -> not reliable

The question is how can I access this information, so that when I attach my EA to the chart, it is immediately available to it, and the EA can access it and populate it's internal array with it?

You can't because there is no tick data for the history

Okay, thanks zzuegg!

i don't understand the question.

stefani88:

i don't understand the question.

That's because you are a SPAMMER and you need to have your post and account deleted.
Reason: