how to install ex5 files in 32 bit MT5

I wish wish to install a 32 bit EA (magicstick) but it will not work in the 64 bit MT5 version, so I have installed a 32 bit version of AlpariUK MT5 using the /32 switch.

I have two *.ex5 files to install (one the EA and the other a script) so have copied the files into experts and scripts MQL5 folders respectively, but they do not show in navigator so am unable to attach the EA to charts.

Could someone please advise how to get them to work in the 32 bit version?

pettros:

I wish wish to install a 32 bit EA (magicstick) but it will not work in the 64 bit MT5 version, so I have installed a 32 bit version of AlpariUK MT5 using the /32 switch.

I have two *.ex5 files to install (one the EA and the other a script) so have copied the files into experts and scripts MQL5 folders respectively, but they do not show in navigator so am unable to attach the EA to charts.

Could someone please advise how to get them to work in the 32 bit version?

I don't think it's a problem of 32/64 bits, but an UAC issue, see this help page.

angevoyageur:
I don't think it's a problem of 32/64 bits, but an UAC issue, see this help page.

The developer of magicstick has instructed me to install the 32 bit version. I have read the link on UAC link but need further explanation if this is still relevant (slightly above my technical comprehension).

I have 2 versions running in different directories.

pettros:

Please give some more information,  what folder have you copied the Expert to ?  what folder have you copied the Script to ?

pettros:

The developer of magicstick has instructed me to install the 32 bit version. I have read the link on UAC link but need further explanation if this is still relevant (slightly above my technical comprehension).

I have 2 versions running in different directories.

Please give more information,  what folders have you installed MT5 into ?

Reason: