A question about the global variable

Hi Pros,

Suppose in my EA, I set a global variable's initial value as 1, and after some condition happens it changes to 2.

Now I shut down my computer and then restart my computer and start the mt4 platform. Would the global variable be 1 or 2?

Thanks a lot!

There are two types known as global.
  1. Those set with GlobalVariableSet will be saved on a orderly shutdown of the terminal and restored. (OS crash/power fail/etc. not reliable)
  2. Those defined outside of functions are initialized only once, on load. A shutdown/restart will reload to initial value. A deInit/init cycle will not reinitialize them.

double  g = 1;

int start()

{.....................................

if (...........) 
g = 2; 

return;                                      
 }

In this case, if g has changed from 1 to 2, and then I shut down my computer.

now if I re open the platform, what should be the value of g?

Thank you!

after checking again

if (...........) 
g = 2; 

WHRoeder:
There are two types known as global.
  1. Those set with GlobalVariableSet will be saved on a orderly shutdown of the terminal and restored. (OS crash/power fail/etc. not reliable)
  2. Those defined outside of functions are initialized only once, on load. A shutdown/restart will reload to initial value. A deInit/init cycle will not reinitialize them.

Thanks WHRoeder. In my example, could you please tell me how could I set the value of "g" to be stored as 2, after my computer is shut down and restart?

zbleach:

In my example, could you please tell me how could I set the value of "g" to be stored as 2, after my computer is shut down and restart?
Use GlobalVariables