Strategy tester in WARP speed?

First of all i´m a newbie...

Right now I´m running the strategy tester and I want simulate a month with 1 hour resolution. This takes forever... Is this normal?

If I use visual mode I can see every tick is used, for the hour...

I don´t mean this is wrong, that the tester is accurate. But I just wonder if there is a way to do this "quick and dirty" or a "speed button"?

IntraTrade:

First of all i´m a newbie...

Right now I´m running the strategy tester and I want simulate a month with 1 hour resolution. This takes forever... Is this normal?

If I use visual mode I can see every tick is used, for the hour...

I don´t mean this is wrong, that the tester is accurate. But I just wonder if there is a way to do this "quick and dirty" or a "speed button"?

I´m so sorry for the question... Right in front of me was 3 diffrent speed options. And as a defalt the slow test was used.

IntraTrade:

I´m so sorry for the question... Right in front of me was 3 diffrent speed options. And as a defalt the slow test was used.
32 options for the speed, drag the slider all the way to the right.

RaptorUK: 32 options for the speed, drag the slider all the way to the right.

Intratrade,

Besides the speed adjustments RaptorUK just suggested...the Strategy Tester has 3 methods to test the EA's

1) By Every Tick - very slow testing every tick

2) By Control Points - much much faster testing, but gives up some accuracy that Every Tick gives you

3) By Open Prices Only - also much faster but works only on Bar Open prices - depending on if your EA uses Bar Open code.

For faster testing...I use #2 Control Points first...then I go back to #1 Every Tick when my code has shown good promise in the first tests.

Really helps speed up my testing cycles...

Hope this helps,

Robert

cosmicbeing:

Intratrade,

Besides the speed adjustments RaptorUK just suggested...the Strategy Tester has 3 methods to test the EA's

1) By Every Tick - very slow testing every tick

2) By Control Points - much much faster testing, but gives up some accuracy that Every Tick gives you

3) By Open Prices Only - also much faster but works only on Bar Open prices - depending on if your EA uses Bar Open code.

For faster testing...I use #2 Control Points first...then I go back to #1 Every Tick when my code has shown good promise in the first tests.

Really helps speed up my testing cycles...

Hope this helps,

Robert

I'd make the recommendation of using Option-1 Every Tick. And perhaps Option-3 Open-Prices....And only-if the EA was written based on Open-Prices Only. IMO, Option-2 Control-Points is very in-accurate.

To expand on Option-3, if the EA was written on Open-Prices, it'll give the same results even when ran on Every-Tick.

Reason: