Help interpreting strategy testing report

Hey I'm relatively new to forex trading/metatrader, so I apologize in advance if I'm asking amateur questions. I've programmed a bot which I think is doing well, but I'd like help from some pros on interpreting the report.

For example, what should my profit factor be at? Should I care about modeling quality? It seems like my win percentage isn't too good, and yet I have massive profit.

I blacked out the name of the Expert Advisor because it kinda gives away my strategy ;)

Anyways, any advice is appreciated.

Demonthus:

Hey I'm relatively new to forex trading/metatrader, so I apologize in advance if I'm asking amateur questions. I've programmed a bot which I think is doing well, but I'd like help from some pros on interpreting the report.

For example, what should my profit factor be at? Should I care about modeling quality? It seems like my win percentage isn't too good, and yet I have massive profit.

Your average profit is 84, your average loss is 24 so you can cope with a 30% win rate . . . if you are trading M1 you should be using tick data . . IMO . . where did you get your data from ?

RaptorUK:
Your average profit is 84, your average loss is 24 so you can cope with a 30% win rate . . . if you are trading M1 you should be using tick data . . IMO . . where did you get your data from ?

I just downloaded through metatrader 4, which used "MetaQuotes Software Corp".

Do you have any suggestions for where I could get good quality tick data?

Demonthus:

I just downloaded through metatrader 4, which used "MetaQuotes Software Corp".

Do you have any suggestions for where I could get good quality tick data?

You can find instructions here: tick data

Because you're new, I'll cut you some slack. But next time, if you're going to post equity curves then show the codes. Cannot answer any of your questions without knowing how that thing was programmed. Do you really think you and I can make money like below?

Demonthus:

Looks like 'Fantasy Fodder. to me, but what the hay (though straw is cheaper still)

Re: Profit factor: It depends how many trades it makes:

#Trades = 200 & PF = 2 ~ == #Trades = 100 & PF = 4

Both will make about the same profit. Though their could be numerous other factors in your EA that may influence this, depending on their 'weighted value' such as compounding etc.

So don't forget to send us a pic of you with Warren Buffett on his yacht once you unleash this 'mighty monster'

I won't be holding my breath waiting for it though.

Reason: