looking for article/post/thread on how to make moving average of a moving average...

ummm, it was one of those things where you swear you'll remember where you saw something of

potential importance and you'll go back to it later but the
phone rings and by an hour later, you've forgotten entirely where you've seen it.

i'm figuring it might be cool to have a line made by the avg. of the mov. avg.
right in the middle of the fluctuations of the currency pairs' values---
i have a plan!

if anyone has seen this indicator description/design/post or article,
i'd appreciate if you were to put the location or web address here.
thanks in-advance----doublebass

Maybe something like this. I haven't used this function but might suit your task. Try adding different iMA() values to array[].

double iMAOnArray( double array[], int total, int period, int ma_shift, int ma_method, int shift)
Calculation of the Moving Average on data stored in a numeric array. Unlike iMA(...), the iMAOnArray function does not take data by symbol name, timeframe, the applied price. The price data must be previously prepared. The indicator is calculated from left to right. To access to the array elements as to a series array (i.e., from right to left), one has to use the ArraySetAsSeries function.
Parameters:
array[] - Array with data.
total - The number of items to be counted. 0 means whole array.
period - Averaging period for calculation.
ma_shift - MA shift
ma_method - MA method. It can be any of the Moving Average method enumeration value.
shift - Index of the value taken from the indicator buffer (shift relative to the current bar the given amount of periods ago).
Sample:
   double macurrent=iMAOnArray(ExtBuffer,0,5,0,MODE_LWMA,0);
   double macurrentslow=iMAOnArray(ExtBuffer,0,10,0,MODE_LWMA,0);
   double maprev=iMAOnArray(ExtBuffer,0,5,0,MODE_LWMA,1);
   double maprevslow=iMAOnArray(ExtBuffer,0,10,0,MODE_LWMA,1);
   //----
   if(maprev<maprevslow && macurrent>=macurrentslow)
     Alert("crossing up");

i thank you very much for the above reply!

however, although i am up to my elbows in finding better and better settings

for my EA, the above language is a bit more complicated than i had expected----

but WHAT had i been expecting? exactly as above, but i didn't realize it!

seems the post or article was a how-to just as you have supplied, but apparently (in my mind)

i was thinking it was going to be already an indicator that utilized whatever MA i put into it to produce an

averaged MA and i could then have my EA use THAT indicator rather than the usual MA (smoothed, exponential, etc.).

so, i will look more closely at the above functions and learn what it all means

(this equals this and this is to become this, you know, what we make the computer believe) and go from there.

anyone else whom may have seen this post or article ( i really thought it was on this site)

can still put that detail on here, and we can all benefit from the data above from ubzen!

thank you again; i'll digest when i have more time-----doublebass

Reason: