MT4 build 409 cannot connect through proxy

Ive seen a few questions regarding this issue, but nobody has seem to have resolved it. Ever since I was forced to update MT4 to build 409 a few days ago I have not been able to connect to the server by proxy. I have uninstalled MT4 and reinstalled it to the C: drive, and I have installed it to the "my documents" folder. I cannot get the proxy to connect again once the software updates to 409. Once the update is completed, I get the error message "this proxy is not suitable" whenever I try to test the proxy in MT4. The proxy works, and has not changed, so I believe there is something related to build 409 specifically that is causing this issue. Anyone have any ideas?

You don't have to feel forced to update. Just re-download the previous version again. In the main folder, change the liveupdate.exe to something else like _liveupdate.exe. Once you believe the problem has been resolved by MetaQuotes Software Corp then u change the name back to the original.

Does it work? What is your proxy type (HTTP/SOCKS5/SOCKS4)?

Andr:
Does it work? What is your proxy type (HTTP/SOCKS5/SOCKS4)?

http://www.metatrader4.com/forum/1960 this is a old problem.

MT4 is not accepting the 127.0.0.1/localhost:port in tools/options/server/proxy.

Any workaround?

TY

Reason: