candle pattern bullish engulfing candle - page 3

Right it's my definition and not really a true engulfing candle
More of an engulfing body candle and not counting the wicks

But I could adjust this if I wanted to make a true engulfing, however either way it would have produced the same result regarding the time of the print statement which is the part that I was really confused about.

But I think this solves it, thanks

RaptorUK:
No, it occurs at the first tick of Bar 0, if there are no ticks during the first 3 mins of Bar 0 then Close[1] won't happen until at least 3 min into Bar 0 . . . was that the case ?

Ok, got it.

Ok,

One last thing about candle patterns trading.

When you create a candle pattern of any type, I'm still a bit confused about how to make it trade without trading everytime the condition is true.

bool New_Bar()
   {
   static datetime New_Time = 0;
   bool New_Bar = false;
   if (New_Time != Time[0])
      {
      New_Time = Time[0];
      New_Bar = true;
      }
   return(New_Bar);
   }

I was unable to use this, however I understand this is one way that will stop until the new bar and time occur so that I don't get multiple trades and/or multiple print statements for this one condition.

Also RaptorUK

Has helped me in the past with a previous EA idea which did something similar.
I seem to have a problem with the if(statements) placing 2 trades in opposite directions at the same time

I'll edit and post code later I don't have Windows booted up right now but, just wanted to post my thoughts and question so I don't forget what I wanted to ask after a long work day. LOL.

Reason: