Draw Lines and Channels. After Closing MT4 --> everythin is lost :-(

dear traders,

please held me.

dear traders,

please help me. i use metatrader for a few days. and i draw resticance and support lines in the chart.

example:

draw a support line in daily chart. when i go to 4h chart, the line is lost. when i go back in daily chart the line

is also lost?

how can i select the settings, that all objects, text and line be saved, in everytime frame, to see my trendlines

also tomorrow... ?

thank you for great help.

Probably the easiest advice is don't install MT4 in a directory within Program Files if you are using Vista or Windows 7.

RaptorUK:
Probably the easiest advice is don't install MT4 in a directory within Program Files if you are using Vista or Windows 7.

I wonder why new builds of MT4 do not change default install dir from %PROGRAMFILES% to %USERPROFILE% or at least set the correct permissions when installed in %PROGRAMFILES%.

Regards, Luke

morpheus_:

dear traders,

please help me. i use metatrader for a few days. and i draw resticance and support lines in the chart.

example:

draw a support line in daily chart. when i go to 4h chart, the line is lost. when i go back in daily chart the line

is also lost?

how can i select the settings, that all objects, text and line be saved, in everytime frame, to see my trendlines

also tomorrow... ?

Try right-click first, Object List, see whether are they there? Not every levels can appear on lower timeframes.

Luke_ca:

I wonder why new builds of MT4 do not change default install dir from %PROGRAMFILES% to %USERPROFILE% or at least set the correct permissions when installed in %PROGRAMFILES%.

Regards, Luke

I suspect in MetaQuotes eyes MT4 is at end of life so it's not worth the resource to implement and test a change like this.

RaptorUK:
I suspect in MetaQuotes eyes MT4 is at end of life so it's not worth the resource to implement and test a change like this.

I disagree. MT4 is their only stable version in trust. MT5, they have to make great efforts, all over again. If MT4 is out to make way for MT5, cost to themselves will already be incurred by then.

The possibility is the "outsource", or selling of MT4 rights to other parent firms on offer basis, and I think this is the next way forward for MT4. Or they can go major IPO if they dare enough, just to make changes by themselves.

RaptorUK:
I suspect the same. I'd hate to be mt5 greatest fan on mt4-forum but my prediction is mt4 will have to make way for mt5. Mt5 out performs Mt4 in every way. Sure I don't like the No-Hedge but if thats the only excuse then I'll say Mt4 needs to step aside sooner rather than later.

Its not all about MT4, MT5. Rather, its MQL4, MQL5. It's best to know how to use both. I suppose look at them as, C++/C#, XP/Vista, etc.

Hedge-wise, I hate to say this but (like the US) might just be making BIG mistake. They're making folks like JRogers quit US altogether.

my broker onley works at the moment with MT4.

i don´t know MT5. is there big differences?

i wanna install MT4 new, on my pc, and install it again right.

Reason: