How to prevent an EA from closing trades ?

Hi everyone, I am using an EA which does not seem to have a very good exit strategy. Thus I would like to use my own exit strategy.

Is there any way, after the EA has opened a trade to prevent it from monitoring and closing the position ? So the trade is no longer

controlled by the EA after it is opened by the EA ?

Many thanks,

MQL Newbie

just re-code the EA not/never to close trades. hope this helps.

diostar:

just re-code the EA not/never to close trades. hope this helps.

Unfortunately, it is an EA that is already compiled. So I am not able to modify the code.

If you have the code you can do it, if you have .ex4, you can't do it, at least with the common ways.

hip280:

Unfortunately, it is an EA that is already compiled. So I am not able to modify the code.
Talk to the person or Company that owns the EA and ask/pay them to change it.

RaptorUK:
Talk to the person or Company that owns the EA and ask/pay them to change it.

do you really think this wise to do?

why should one talk to them, and inform them that their exit strategy was a failure? what makes one think they can re-code properly the way one wishes, if they can't even have theirs right in the first place?

crappy (and even the not-so-crappy) businesses do have a strategy to keep "failing" payees even more, once the paying routines kicks in...

having said so, this EA industry is much better now than it used to proliferate, so suggest before talking to anyone, have a look at purchase agreements (if there're any in the first place), and if the party does violate in its promises of returns, earnings, etc, leading to unjustifiable losses, seek for compensations, resolutions and co-operation, etc, in an amicable manner, letting them seriously know that you do mean business as much as they got out of you.

Unless, of course, the person who do it for is your friend....you may wish to drag him/her to the "movies"... :-)

diostar:

do you really think this wise to do?

Wise or un-wise it is the only option to do what the OP wanted . . "Thus I would like to use my own exit strategy."

RaptorUK:

Wise or un-wise it is the only option to do what the OP wanted . . "Thus I would like to use my own exit strategy."

no. the other option may be to have the exit strategy coded in another EA with an order entry Alert, each EA running on its own instance of MT4, once the order entry Alert is sounded, manually turn the first EA off.

diostar:
manually turn the first EA off.
OR programmatically remove the first EA

WHRoeder:
OR programmatically remove the first EA

thx for sharing about winAPI's.

That too, is possible option.

And I can share in return, that the only zero option is loading programmatically back. That to be done, manually.

Reason: