Accessing data from other timeframes problem - page 2

sd59:
that's exactly correct - if you look at the experts tabs every time you change a timeframe with a custom indicator you'll see it being uninit() & reloaded. Again as I mentioned there is NO time delay if ONLY the custom (drawn) indicators are being loaded. If the rest of the code is run it slows everything down!

that is agreeable, if that is what is meant by refresh. There is an explicit command call Refresh (right click on the chart and refresh it) which does not kick de-init() or init().

diostar:

that is agreeable, if that is what is meant by refresh. There is an explicit command call Refresh (right click on the chart and refresh it) which does not kick de-init() or init().

deinit()/init() always happens with custom indicators when you change timeframes -

sd59:
deinit()/init() always happens with custom indicators when you change timeframes -

Well....did some more investigating and it seems it might be a 'broker' problem!!! Loaded the indicator onto another broker's charts and the time lag when changing timeframes using the same indicators is significantly different from one broker to the other!! Unbelievable! Must be something to do with how the data is stored/accessed from the server.

sd59:

Well....did some more investigating and it seems it might be a 'broker' problem!!! Loaded the indicator onto another broker's charts and the time lag when changing timeframes using the same indicators is significantly different from one broker to the other!! Unbelievable! Must be something to do with how the data is stored/accessed from the server.

Hold your horses. Don't jump too far and shout 'broker' problem.

Check the connection status: What are their bytes rate? Obviously if data packets sent/recieved are slow - it wont just be the indicator that lags, but EVERYTHING.

Network issues can be SERIOUS losses when on LIVE trading.

diostar:

Hold your horses. Don't jump too far and shout 'broker' problem.

Check the connection status: What are their bytes rate? Obviously if data packets sent/recieved are slow - it wont just be the indicator that lags, but EVERYTHING.

Network issues can be SERIOUS losses when on LIVE trading.

I agree with you - the plain fact here is that on the same PC at the same time the time lag between different brokers is significant. If byte rates are this much slower on one of them then I won't use them!

sd59:

I agree with you - the plain fact here is that on the same PC at the same time the time lag between different brokers is significant. If byte rates are this much slower on one of them then I won't use them!

You can't conclude for sure that way (i.e. on the same PC at the same time) . You need to run/test/judge,etc on each of their separate trial.

Reason: