Make change to 'Take Profit' and 'Stop Loss' message in Journal

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask is there anyway to change the take profit and stop loss messages in the journal...? Examples below

Stop Loss

Take profit

Kind Regards
Jesse

No

Ok thanks for that.... in that case is there anyway to do a check before the automatic take profit or stop loss functions are executed. I want to save the value of an indicators, ATR lets say, on the iteration they are executed.

is that possible anyhow...?

jessejk:

Ok thanks for that.... in that case is there anyway to do a check before the automatic take profit or stop loss functions are executed. I want to save the value of an indicators, ATR lets say, on the iteration they are executed.

is that possible anyhow...?

You can get close . . . one way is to monitor your orders, when one is closed Print the info you need to the log/Experts tab.

Thanks for that Raptor, will give that a go... one more thing, is the automatic take profit / stop loss checked at the beginning or end of the iteration...?

jessejk:
Thanks for that Raptor, will give that a go... one more thing, is the automatic take profit / stop loss checked at the beginning or end of the iteration...?
Sorry, not sure I understand your question, iteration of what ? do you mean start() ?

Hey sorry about the confusion... yep should have said the iteration of start()....

The execution of SL and TP is handled at the Brokers end so isn't really relevant . . . everything within your start() should be executed on the same tick, but this might not e the case if you have extensive code.

Checking if an Order has closed as I have suggested should be done early on in the start() function, if for no other reason than for it to be not missed due to any early return() statements you my have in there.

Much appreciated... Time to don the Developers hat... I sure do hope these hours will pay off with a strategy that works ;-)