How to Position Size when STOP is based on a moving average. - page 2

zzuegg:

Sorry i do not understand what you mean by risk levels determined by moving averages.

Even if you exit when price cross (and close) the moving average you will not be able to determine the risk. You can use a statistical approach:

Inspect all bars crossing the moving average,

-If you are conservative use something like MaxLoss=DistanceToMA()+MaximumDistanceOnCross()

-If you are less conservative you can use the AverageDistanceOnCross()

Make sure you did not exploit one of the common grail system like i did in the beginning. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/126819 My system break'd also every rule, including the maximal amount of Balance metatrader can display ;)

Sorry but I dont really understand how to use the MQL language you typed above. I use MOLANIS strategy builder to create my MQL code. I can incert those lines in MOLANIS but dont understand what i would be looking for.

I also followed your link and beleive you may be more advanced than I am currently even back then. I see you use "price action" and have acheived a smooth upward slope (even though you experienced problems in 2007/2008). Interestingly I was just looking at ATE to day to see if it could limit my drawdown. What did you learn from the replyers suggestion "ATR indicator (20 period), you will see what you need". I have a hunch that I need it too.

Reason: