MT4 not saving layouts or profiles.

I recently upgraded to Win 7 and then downloaded MT4 Build 225. Prior to that I had not upgraded MT4 for quite a while (somewhere around the summer of 2009). Since the fresh install, MT4 has not been saving my layouts, and does not save any profiles. At every startup it shows the 4 default charts with default settings. I have "Keep personal settings" checked.

I tried the suggestion I read elsewhere in the forum to rename the Terminal.ini file so it would create a new one. MT4 started up showing ALL the panes (Market Watch, Data Window, Navigator, Terminal, and Strategy Tester), as was warned in the post, so I know it is using Terminal.ini. However, after making some changes and exiting the program, there was no new Terminal.ini file. MT4 started up again with all panes showing.

If I try saving a profile, it doesn't appear in the profile list, and I tried searching my computer for the profile name with no success.

Does anyonme have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Have a read of the info here . . .

http://crum.be/mt4

Coronos:

I recently upgraded to Win 7

Don't install in \program files* on Vista/Win7

WHRoeder:
Don't install in \program files* on Vista/Win7

Profiles are saved also in Virtual Store in Windows 7. 

1.  go to Computer,   Organize (drop down menu on top left),  Folder and search options,  go to View tab,  Hidden files and folders - check Show hidden files (apply and OK)

2.  go to Computer,  C drive,  Users,   Owner,  AppData,   Local,   VirtualStore,   Program Files (x86),   MetaTrader,  profiles,   

Now all saved profiles should be there.

Copy only the ones you'd like to duplicate into new computer (or another MT4 on the same computer installed in a different location). 

Alerts can be also copied from the Profies folder in VirtualStore and pasted into the new  MT4 in the Profies folder (in case if you have alerts for all pairs set up in old MT4 and they can just be Enabled/Disabled in one click instead of creating new alerts each time you need one, it's useful if you follow multiple pairs, not just one or two...)

Reason: