CSV export in Windows 7 not working??

Hey everyone--

I created this script to export the averaged percent change of different currencies. But there's just one problem -- I can't get it to work in Windows 7.

I can get it to work just fine in XP -- it runs and then exports a CSV file to the \experts\files directory. But I need to run it on a computer running Windows 7 ( licensed ultimate), and although the MT4 journal shows that the script is loaded successfully and then removed, it never actually writes the CSV output file to experts\files in Windows 7.

I've tried installing MT4 to root C:\. I've tried running terminal.exe as administrator (which my user already is). I don't know what's going on with it.

I'll include the script here. If anyone can help me get this working in Windows 7, I'd really appreciate it because I'm pretty much at a standstill on it right now.

And just so you know, the script averages a single currency's movement by comparing the movement of pretty much every pair my broker offers. Right now, it's just getting the current day's movement. Once I get the CSV export working, I'll update and format the CSV so it includes the previous day's percent change.

Thanks again.

R

Files:

I downloaded your code, tried it, works perfectly :) No idea mate.

I have win7 ultimate 64, mt4 is isntaleld in program files (x86), everything works.

forexCoder:

I downloaded your code, tried it, works perfectly :) No idea mate.

I have win7 ultimate 64, mt4 is isntaleld in program files (x86), everything works.

Damn man. Well thanks for letting me know. I might try it with MT4 as opposed to the build released by my broker. They did all sorts of goofy things to their release.

Enjoy the script ;)

Thanks again,

R

Take a read here http://crum.be/mt4 and also try running your MT4 terminal as an Administrator

Hey thanks for the help, guys.

It turns out it was something with the MT4 build my broker released. Their newest release has all kinds of embedded bells and whistles (embedded browser in a chart window?!?!?!). Anyway, I removed the installation, manually cleaned the registry and installed a normal release of MT4. Now the script is able to write to the drive.

Thanks again, guys. I appreciate the help.

R

Reason: