Problem with compiling

I am trying to edit a certain ea. When finished, I should compile it. But what come out is an error, access denied.

Can somebody help me on this please.

ceasar

If you downloaded the EA, check the read-only attribute though i see no reason why it would be flagged after DL, but u never know.

don't install in \program files on Vista/Win7

Why not? I have all my terminals there and all are working without problem. I've seen this answer so many times, was about time I asked.

EDIT: Actually I have mine under \Program Files (x86)\. But why is that a problem?

UAC. The terminal puts compiled version, and all other templates, history, charts etc in program files\install directory. Fine under XP, but Vista introduced UAC. Just reinstall else where. The IBFX installer defaults to C:\IBFX Trader 4

The easiest way around "Access Denied" is to "Save As" something else and then compile..I usually just add a date to the filename.... Works every time...Good Luck

If you are having UAC issues have a read of this article . . . http://crum.be/mt4

RaptorUK:
If you are having UAC issues have a read of this article . . . http://crum.be/mt4
Raptor great article...only occasionally do I get the access denied error ......renaming fixes it. The program works normally but every blue moon it decides it doesn't want to compile for some mystic reason. I'll try your published fix now to see if that helps. Thanks

n8937g:
Raptor great article...only occasionally do I get the access denied error ......renaming fixes it. The program works normally but every blue moon it decides it doesn't want to compile for some mystic reason. I'll try your published fix now to see if that helps. Thanks

You are welcome.

I have been having Access denied issue as well recently . . found out what it was, I sent some files to friends via Skype . . one of them hadn't downloaded the file yet so Skype still had it open, waiting or cancelling the upload fixed my issue.

n8937g:
The easiest way around "Access Denied" is to "Save As" something else and then compile..I usually just add a date to the filename.... Works every time...Good Luck

Thanks. You solved my problem.

I am new in this. May I ask if you are a programmer?

ceasar

Reason: