Monthly charges for an APP

Sorry I am new to this arena. I am developing an EA that will trade of sentiment data. (mining news text for positive and negative words etc) Can you charge monthly for your EA, or is it only a one of charge you can apply? If not can someone suggest the best way of doing this, as the value is not just in the signals I create but the data that I create for the signals. Thanks (and apologies if this was a dumb question!)

Some kind of News Trading EA? Yes, I understand about text file (changed weekly, right?) ... If you are going to start some kind of permanent business with it so I think - it may be outside this portal. But this portal may help you a lot ... for example:

• the Market (one time payment/charge). I mean: you can sell some versions of your EA (you may have many versions).
  • If not ... so the signals ... you can use the signal for possible promotion of your News Trader (or just ... as a promotion of your startup for example ... in case of business started ...)
  • and you can use your profile (see word 'Profile' on the top left side of this page) for the information about your News Trader etc. - because you will not be able to promote your products and the signals directly on the forum (it is prohibited sorry) so you can use your profile for that on the same way as facebook or twitter for example.

Market and the Signals are the part of Metatrader 5 for now so your market product and your signal may see everyone who is using MT5. So, it is the best promotion for any startup for example.

I mean:

• your profile here as the focal point for your business
  • there is payment system here so you can use Job for example
  • you can sell some versions of your tools using the Market here
  • you can use the Signals just to proof that your products may be profitable for example.

So, there is infrastructure for startup. Besides, all the services (Job, Market and Signals) are visible by millions people from inside Metatrader 5. And your profile is visible to all.

Hello and thank you for your reply.

Maybe I should be clearer (Ignore any information about the product).

For any EA/Signal, can you charge a monthly fee or are you only allowed to charge a one off fee?

legburger:

Hello and thank you for your reply.

Maybe I should be clearer (Ignore any information about the product).

For any EA/Signal, can you charge a monthly fee or are you only allowed to charge a one off fee?

For a market product, EA, Script, Indicator they are purchased,  so a one off payment . . .  signals are subscription based so a monthly payment.
Reason: