Default Properties for Strategy Tester Chart

Hi Guys,

Just started working on the MT4 platform and there is something that I just can't figure out and its being a real pain.

Each time I backtest an EA using the "Strategy tester" and I open a chart for it, the chart opens with a black background and white bars. Since I prefer working with candles, I then proceed to change the properties of the chart so it looks the way I want. However the next time I run the EA, I need to do the entire process again ( changing visual properties)

I can't seem to find any option where I can set the default properties for all new charts I open.

Anyone know a fix for this?

Thx,
Clive

Set the chart how you like. Save a template. Start the tester, while it does it's start up thing, right click and add template.

save the template as tester.tpl

works the same way as default.tpl for live charts and offline.tpl for offline charts.

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks guys. That worked perfectly.

Rebumping this old threat as I have a question.

Is it possible to have an EA you like and save its template. Then, run a back test with a different EA and load that template?

I would like to combine different EAs while backtesting. My main EA has buttons for opening/closing orders.

I tried but failed.

Thanks.

Kevin Keena: Then, run a back test with a different EA and load that template?

I would like to combine different EAs while backtesting. My main EA has buttons for opening/closing orders.

1. Why didn't you try it and find out.
  2. You can only test one EA at a time.

Kevin Keena:

Is it possible to have an EA you like and save its template. Then, run a back test with a different EA and load that template?

No, you cannot have more than 1 EA on a chart.

You would need to combine the 2 EAs into a single EA.

For me it does not work with tester.tpl.

But noticed in journal that it loads adx.tpl So I saved adx.tpl (overwrote the one in journal) and now its good.

Reason: